Volunteer & Visitor Information
PBCCS extends a warm welcome to parents/guardians and others that volunteer and visit our school and classrooms. PBCCS works hard to assure that our students and staff are safe and that learning is not disrupted. We have systems in place to assure that individuals in the building are supporting student learning and school operations.
VOLUNTEERS assist teachers, administrators, or other staff in classrooms or with school programming. A volunteer may be in direct contact with students while providing service to the school. Volunteers are required to operate under the policies and procedures of the school and/or district.
- Person assigned a task such as:
- Chaperoning on a field trip
- Working at the book fair, in the library or office
- Providing classroom support
- Field day
- Class party- running games and activities
- VOLUNTEERS serve under the guidance and direction of school personnel.
- VOLUNTEERS must complete the appropriate paperwork, background checks and training prior to volunteering.
- Volunteer orientation training
- Complete Child Abuse and Boundaries training (Senate Bill 155)
- Background check and ODE Misconduct Check
- Complete COVID-19 vaccination compliance
- VOLUNTEERS must check in and out at the front office.
How to become a Volunteer:
#1- Complete Child Abuse and Boundaries training (Senate Bill 155).
Abuse and Sexual Conduct Training for SB155
- Go to the training site here: https://pacetraining-or.safeschools.com/login
- Click Register button
- Enter the code for volunteer/parent: 093efff6
- Create username and enter your name.
- Click location and select your members entity name – Crook County School District.
- Start the training and complete at your convenience.
- Once you have successfully finished the training, a record of the class will be provided to print. Print or take a screenshot. Submit to Mrs. Foley.
Send to Mrs. Foley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
#2- Complete COVID-19 vaccination compliance by submitting one of the following:
Once #1 #2 and #3 are completed, you will be emailed a link to complete the annual background check.
Once everything has been submitted and cleared you will be contacted by your student’s teacher and/or Mrs. Foley for volunteer opportunities.
A VISITOR is an individual who visits the school for a public or private event involving a student who is the individual’s child, close relative or for whom the individual is guardian. Visitors do not have repeated interaction with children at school, and would not be alone with a child other than their own.
- Person, parent or guardian attending/visiting for:
- School event- assembly, class party (not running activity), programs, celebrations
- After school event
- Parent-teacher conference
- IEP/504 meetings
- PTO meeting
- Book fair with their child
- Community/business members visiting will:
- Be supervised at all times by a PBCCS Staff Member
- Sign in upon entry
- Wear a visitor badge