Full Time Distance Learning
- Students will participate in a synchronous distance learning model, which includes participation in live lessons and activities daily at the same time as students in the classroom.
- Students will have a set schedule and will participate in instruction provided the classroom teacher or content teacher. Teachers will be providing instruction to students both in the classroom and online.
- Students will have the opportunity to interact with peers in the classroom during instruction.
- Students will be assigned independent activities to be completed on a flexible schedule.
- Opportunities will be scheduled for distance learning students to receive one-on-one support with PBCCS staff.
- Distance learning students are still part of the PBCCS community! They are invited to participate in special activities, school functions, place-based opportunities and specials.
- It is important to note that this model of distance learning will not be the same as it was during Spring 2020. It will be more rigorous and include a systematic curriculum and interactive content. Distance learning will be scheduled to meet daily attendance requirements and students will be graded on their mastery of the content.
- Registration for full-time distance learning is required. Complete the registration form here.
If quarantine is necessary or other situations make in-person learning unavailable for a period of time, PBCCS will transition to Distance Learning for all students.
Guidance from the Crook County Health Department, ODE, OHA will inform changes or modifications that may need to be made to PBCCS’ instructional plan for Fall 2020.